Rinequire ng prof ko. Sinulat ko. Pinost ko.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

My ACET Essay

This is the ACET essay I wote last August 5, 2008 to be able to fulfill the requirements for the entrance examination. I just thought of posting this here. Hope you enjoy it.

Q: What accomplishment or experience has helped to define who you are?
A: Is there any? :)


Almost sunset, 2 days before the deadline of this application, here I am. Staring blankly on the monitor and trying to figure out, what could be that significant experience that defined YANE for who she is.

Uhmm. Can I ask a couple of seconds to impart this melody I have now in my ears?
________________________________
“Holy, righteous, faithful till the end,Saviour, healer, redeemer, and friend
Chorus:I will worship You for who You areI will worship You for who You areI will worship You for who You areJesus (repeat)
My soul secure, Your promise sureYour love endures always (2x)”
________________________________
Voila! Very inspiring song! *Clap. Clap.*

Honestly, it’s been two hours since I laid back my body in this rough-ended computer chair and still, no idea pops up on my mind. Guess what, 1st examination week, and here I am brainstorming, still figuring out what to type. Ewr! I hate how recurring state of cramming takes over me most of the times. I find it difficult to manage my workloads but most of the time, a simple “Hey, Yane! Look up. Someone’s hugging you tight” can inspire me to acquire the use of my logical sense, than to panic. Then after a while, I calm down; therefore proves that my One and Only God supports me in times of need.

He’s great, isn’t He? *Big cheers for Him! :)* Now let me start this on..

Short description of YANE? (short really, haha)

Y: Yearner A: Art N: Nature-lover E: Exquisite.

Yeah, I Yearn for knowledge, friendships, closer family boding, and many more. I desire to experience more complexities and extremities that will further develop my self. If a certain adventure comes, I’d quickly ride on the track!

Next is A. Not an artist nor an archer (Hi Blue Eagles!:p), but an Art. I am an art? Weird, huh? But here, picture yourself walking in the morning, with gloomy surroundings wherein everything is pale, even the plants don’t sway. But someone named, Yane, passes through.. And suddenly.. *drumrolls please* A figure of a colorful rainbow, bright hot sun, tweeting birds, and even swaying trees showed up! Seems like I’m a fairy or something? Haha sort of. But isn’t it fantastic, that a simple girl brings color and happiness to your entire day. (Exaggerated but that’s me! Jolly! Wiii :]) But my point here is, my distinct characteristics show who the real me is. I am an art! I am unique, expressive, and incomparable. I can shine at all times. :)

Nature-lover? Haha. Sort of environmentalist? Yeah kinda. Loving and caring for nature is predominantly saying that you also love and care for God.

Now what does the word Exquisite means? Its delicacy and beauty. Not that I’m telling you I am beautiful or delicate or whatsoever, because that would be lying if I do so. :) It just means, I’ve become more delicate and sensitive to the feelings of other. Unlike the past few years, I’m so narcissistic that I focus only on one angle of a person –on his criticisms, by which hindered our relationship to grow even more.

Maybe you could have blurted out already, “Ok so what’s the connection of all of these?” Inhale exhale, hold your horses and I’ll tell you.

October 2008, if I’m not mistaken, is the Youth For Christ (YFC) Star Camp. Peer-pressure invited me to join this camp. I’m not suppose to go, but a bomb is threatened to explode in my face if I’m not to accompany my barkada. :)

So the night began..

It’s boring. Who is Jesus? Blah-blah-blah. Inspirational Talks. Blah-blah-blah. Worship songs. Etc. Etc. And now I couldn’t relate anymore. They’re doing something weird that I felt would hit my pride if I do the same too. But something inside evoked me to totally burn my written sins on fire. The head servant asked us to write all our sins, whether minor or not, so we could turn them into dreadful ashes. As the smoke disappears, I felt myself in the state of being rejuvenated, being refreshed and being cleansed. I can’t clearly state how I exactly felt it.

And so as the camp continues, I began to appreciate and enjoy it little by little, thus making me emotional too. :( The camp taught me bunch of stuffs, mainly about who my God is? What is His role in my life? Does He really exist? And so on. As the camp came to an end, I know that the Holy Sprit converges within my soul.

It was a miracle for me, really, that I became more disciplined. I see things clearly, before reacting negatively against it. Rather negatively seeing my mistakes, I’m strengthening myself by counting my blessings. Look.. I’m almost dying of boredom that night and escapade is all I could think of. But who could have thought that that night is the end of some of my negative deeds? (Haha :o) I am now open and ready to serve Christ with all my heart and soul; and gladly I had known that losing hope would do nothing unless you ask God to be your Hope; that every single thing happens for a very special reason; and knowing that a work done without prayer will never be considered as a job well done.

The acronym YANE could have not been defined without this camp. I’m glad. Very glad. The feeling inside is unexplainable, but above all, I’m proud upon knowing myself even more. But although this did affect my daily lifestyle, I think it cannot define the real me. As I said earlier, mere words can’t express the reality behind every man’s life. Thus, the choices I make everyday, the habits I do daily, the role I play in this world, my family and the people around me, and even the Up Above who created me -are the REAL and TRUE meanings of my life. Every single minute without them would be undefined. They define my essence in life.

So this quotation, I would leave to you… “Live and Leave a Legacy.ΓΌ”

No comments:

Post a Comment