Rinequire ng prof ko. Sinulat ko. Pinost ko.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Parenthood

Linked Worlds

A somehow dramatic part of being a human
A somehow melodic interpretation of life
A somehow beginning of a new world
A somehow mystery that keeps on revealing

A parent’s will is always the best for us
They lay out courage in times of falling
They spend leisure time for family bonding
And even offered their whole world to us

And how did we show our gratitude?
By being numb and reacting like they’re
the most foolish, worthless and rude persons
we ever met in the entire world!

It took them hardships and sacrifices
To raise the kind of child we are now
Don’t you realize that what really matters
is that they see us grow lovely beside them?

And lastly, the untold part here is
Our parents’ never-ending love and support,
Is the true reason
Why we keep on moving forward
-fin-
I felt heartwarming gestures capturing my soul as I write this poem. I've been a dumb irresponsible child to my parents since birth. I believe that without this knowledge they impart, I am a worthless youth today. Being a teenager means striving to overcome pressures, while being a parent means...I don't have a clue.. All I know is that their experiences are way far beyond ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment